Now Hiring: DesignGood Seeks a Senior
Designer for Our Austin Office
DesignGood — a boutique branding firm proudly based in Austin, Texas — is adding an onsite senior designer to our close-knit team. This is your opportunity to put your talent to work for passionate, up-and-coming businesses and organizations.
You’ll be producing a variety of beautiful, highly custom work that helps our clients launch or accelerate their businesses. And as a key contributor to our team, you’ll put all of your creativity and insight to use as you help shape the direction of our work.
You’ll be based in our brand-new office in a cool Austin neighborhood. (So if you don’t already live in Austin, you’d need to move here.) We’re open to this role being contract or full time. But we do need you for a minimum of 30 hours per week (and we’d prefer it if you’re fully dedicated to us.)
What you'll do
Who You Are
You're seriously talented
We're looking for an awesomely talented designer who has a track record of exceptional work:
- Your portfolio must be be strong in identity and branding.
- We also want to see examples of your web design work.
- Your portfolio should show that you can take initial brand design and extend it across a variety of media, including print and digital/web.
- You should have work samples that are similar to the projects we do. Before you apply for this position, check out our past projects to see if your style is a match with ours.
- You have 5+ years’ experience working in identity, brand, web and digital design.
- Design studio or agency experience is a major plus.
- You’ve designed multiple websites in the past.
- You’ve worked in small, collaborative teams and with remote teams and providers.
You've got skills
- You can create identity systems, website design and other marketing collateral from concept to design to execution.
- You can produce design specifications/style guides.
- We need you have deep knowledge of graphic design, layout, typography, color, icon development, corporate identity and branding.
- Knowledge of mobile experience and responsive design is a must.
- You’re an ace at Adobe Cloud/CS.
- You understand WordPress, Shopify and website functionality overall, and how set up and prep web files for production.
- You’re familiar with prepress and print, and how set up and prep print files for production.
- You know how to test websites and provide feedback prior to launch.
- You can work closely with developers (but you don’t need to know how to code yourself.)
- We’re big on systems, so you should be, too.
- You have some basic project management know-how.
- You’re a stickler for project timelines, guidelines and budgets.
- Juggling multiple projects is no big deal for you.
- You know how to make the best use of your time amid competing priorities.
- You’re always thinking one step ahead.
- You’re resourceful and a problem-solver.
You're a collaborator
- You listen deeply. You have the insight to understand clients’ needs and goals. And you can translate that understanding into creating solutions.
- You generate and share ideas during our creative process.
- You communicate clearly and pleasantly - in person, on the phone, via email.
- You offer tactful, constructive feedback.
- You can stay flexible and engaged through the revision process.
- You’re willing to jump in when needed.
- You’re fun to work with. We’re serious about results here, but we keep the mood lighthearted.
You love this stuff
- You stay current on all things design, branding, marketing and web trends/technology.
- You’re always learning, professionally and personally.
- You push yourself to grow.
- Your motivated, inspired attitude is contagious.
Who We Are
We’ve been creating and building brands for over 13 years and are devoted to working collaboratively with our clients toward the development of their brand and voice. We work with entrepreneurs and organizations all over the U.S. to build a powerful presence across all marketing platforms, captivate customers, enhance credibility, accelerate success and build confidence and pride in their brand.
Sound like a fit?
Email your website/portfolio, and resume to Kristie@designgood.com!
After that, we'll keep you fired up
with tips, strategies and inspiration on
growing your business from the DesignGood blog.