DesignGood — a boutique branding firm proudly based in Austin, Texas — is looking to add another talented designer to our close-knit team. This is your opportunity to put your talent to work for passionate businesses and organizations.
You’ll be producing a variety of beautiful, highly custom work that helps our clients launch or accelerate their businesses. And as a key contributor to our team, you’ll put all of your creativity and insight to use as you help shape the direction of our work alongside our creative director and founder Kristin Moses .
You’ll be working virtually so we need someone who can work effectively and efficiently independently within our defined systems and processes. You must have excellent communication and organization skills! You will work a set schedule every week Monday-Friday with regular team meetings and check-ins with our project manager via zoom.
If you live in Austin there is an opportunity to train in our office for the first 3-4 weeks.
What You’ll Do
- Create beautiful designs. You will be creating logos, branding elements, websites, email templates, digital brochures + decks, infographics signage and packaging. Please review our portfolio here to get a sense of the level of work we produce and expect.
- Contribute to our team’s big-picture thinking and develop solutions that drive our clients’ success and the success of our business.
- Set up and organize files for web and print, and deliver brand assets to the team and to our clients.
- Take creative direction from DesignGood founder Kristin Moses. Collaborate closely with other members of our team, including the designers, programmers, copywriters and our project manager.
Who You Are
We’re looking for an awesomely talented designer who has a track record of exceptional work:
- Your portfolio must be strong in identity and branding.
- We also want to see examples of your web design work. You don’t need to know how to program, but you will need to understand how websites work and have experience designing them. Website design will be a part of every client project we do.
- Your portfolio should show that you can take an initial brand design and extend it across a variety of applications - including print and digital/web.
- You should have work samples that are similar to projects we complete.
- Have strong layout skills.
- Understand how to set up files correctly and efficiently for web, print, and digital.
- A problem solver, and lover of organization and systems.
- You have 3+ years’ experience working in identity, brand, web and digital design.
- Design studio or agency experience is a major plus.
- You’ve designed multiple websites in the past.
- You’ve worked in small, collaborative teams and have experience working remotely
You’ve got skills
- You can create identity systems, website design and other marketing collateral from concept to design to execution.
- You can produce design specifications/style guides.
- We need you to have deep knowledge of graphic design, layout, typography, color, icon development, corporate identity and branding.
- Knowledge of mobile experience and responsive design is a must.
- You’re an ace at Adobe Cloud/CS and Sketch which we use to layout websites.
- You understand website functionality overall, and how set up and prep web files for production
- You’re familiar with prepress and print, and how to set up and prep print files for production.
- You know how to test websites and provide feedback prior to launch.
- You can work closely with developers (but you don’t need to know how to code yourself.)
- We’re big on systems, so you should be, too.
- You have some basic project management know-how.
- You’re a stickler for project timelines, guidelines and budgets.
- Juggling multiple projects is no big deal for you.
- You know how to make the best use of your time amid competing priorities.
- You’re always thinking one step ahead.
- You’re resourceful and a problem-solver.
You’re a collaborator
- You listen deeply. You have the insight to understand clients’ needs and goals. And you can translate that understanding into creating solutions.
- You generate and share ideas during our creative process.
- You communicate clearly and pleasantly - in person, on the phone, via email.
- You offer tactful, constructive feedback.
- You can stay flexible and engaged through the revision process.
- You’re willing to jump in when needed.
- You’re fun to work with. We’re serious about results here, but we keep the mood lighthearted.
You love this stuff
- You stay current on all things design, branding, marketing and web trends/technology.
- You’re always learning, professionally and personally.
- You push yourself to grow.
- You're motivated, inspired, your positive attitude is contagious.
Who We Are
We’ve been creating and building brands for over 16+ years and are devoted to working collaboratively with our clients toward the development of their brand and voice. We work with entrepreneurs and organizations all over the U.S. to build a powerful presence across all marketing platforms, captivate customers, enhance credibility, accelerate success and build confidence and pride in their brand.
Sound like a fit?
Please read through our website, and if you feel aligned with us we would love to hear from you. Email your website/portfolio, and resume to our operations manager at email@example.com!