How to Find Your Business Identity
In Part 2 of our High-Vibe Entrepreneur Method Series, we explain how to get clear on your gifts and passions.
In our last post, we talked about what it means to be a high-vibe entrepreneur. Maybe a lot of those concepts resonated with you and you’d like to know more about creating your own high-vibe business or pivoting and evolving your existing business.
Great news — we’re here to help. Over the next few weeks, we will break down our method for creating a business and life that work FOR you and WITH you. This method is based on our years of creating beautiful, customized brands for passionate small businesses like yours. Whether you’re just getting started or you’re a longtime entrepreneur, this process will help you build clarity, become a beacon for the audience you want to serve and create real success and personal happiness.
This week, we’re starting things off by talking about your Business Identity.
What is a Business Identity?
Your Business Identity is what you want to be known for. It encompasses your gifts, talents, strengths and passions. Your Business Identity is what you love doing, what you’re great at doing and what makes you stand out from other businesses with the same or similar offerings.
Your personal identity and your Business Identity are deeply connected. As entrepreneurs, we are so closely tied to our businesses. They are our livelihood, our passion, our pride and joy, our greatest manifestation of our creativity. We eat, sleep and breathe this thing we have created. We just had to bring it into existence, and there is a reason we stayed up countless hours making it happen. You came into this world knowing what you were designed to do, and instead of just letting it be a hobby, you turned it into your career. Your personal identity and your Business Identity are deeply connected.
Your Business Identity is how you show up in your business. It’s your brand story and that unique point of view that you bring to the table as the owner of the company. It’s why you're the leader, the innovator, the one that inspires others, the one who brings people together. And it’s why people want to work with you and hire YOU even if you have a talented team backing you. You still assembled that team of talent based on your beliefs, values and desires.
Your Business Identity keeps you on course, motivated and inspired. It makes you relevant and reliable. Being a high-vibe entrepreneur, after all, is going over and above what is expected. When you have a solid Business Identity, the people you want to work with can find you quickly and easily.
How Do You Show Up In Your Business?
Customers and clients have different expectations of brands today. They want to feel an emotional connection with the companies they do business with. And they can’t feel this connection unless they have a sense of who you are. We tell our clients all the time to “make sure there’s enough you in your business.” Your dream audience will be drawn by your passion, your talents, your story. You are the reason they’ll choose your business over a competitor with similar offerings. People want to work with and buy from people no matter how technology evolves. Even in the rise of social media, you see a strong push toward personalities and influencers. Humans are still drawn to human stories.
Pinpointing Your Passions to Create Your Business Identity
Now that we’ve seen the power of a compelling Business Identity, let’s start getting clear on yours. These questions can help.
- High-vibe businesses are typically born out of a great passion or need. What is yours? Maybe it’s a need you saw, something that got you really fired up or the desire to spend your days doing something you love. (Or maybe all three!)
- If you’re an aspiring entrepreneur, what’s driving the dream of the business you want to start?
- If you already own a business, what inspired you when you when you first started out? Is that original inspiration still part of your daily work in your business?
- Here’s another for current business owners: Have your passions and expertise evolved over time? If so, how?
- What are your strengths? You have many talents, skills and gifts, but which ones really stand out? In what areas are you an expert? Or where do you have the most potential to become an expert?
- What personality qualities do you have that could help you succeed as an entrepreneur?
- What do you have the most experience doing?
- What do you love doing? How do you want to spend your days?
- What’s your big “why”? What really gets you out of bed every morning to do the work that you do?
- How to you want to show up in your business? Are you currently showing up this way?
- What do you want your business to be known for? What do you personally want to be known for?
Your Business Identity is the foundation for everything else you do with your company. In the next part of the High-Vibe Entrepreneur Method series, we’ll show you how to turn your Business Identity into your Business Purpose so that you can use your talents to make an impact on others while creating success and abundance for yourself. Your Business Identity will also shape your branding and help you develop services, packages and offerings that put your expertise center stage. We’ll cover both of these topics in future articles, too. Can’t wait to keep working the method? Get our personalized feedback and coaching during this process as a DesignGood client. Give us a call today to learn more.