Books to Transform Your Business + Life in 2018
If you're like me, you crave constant learning and inspiration — especially anything related to supporting the entrepreneurial journey we've chosen. So I’m excited to share with you the books that made a real difference for me and for DesignGood in 2017. These titles speak to how you can support your soul so you can show up 100% in your business. They're the perfect way to recharge and regroup so you can start plotting your course for 2018. Pick up some copies for yourself — and maybe even gift some to a fellow entrepreneur.
Get Organized + Get Things Done
Who doesn’t want more room in life for the things you really want to be doing? If you want to break bad habits, free up more time and still accomplish more, these are the books for you. They’ll help you take a clear look at your current habits, routines and processes and guide you toward productive changes.
- Manage Your Day-to-Day: Build Your Routine, Find Your Focus, and Sharpen Your Creative Mind by 99U
- Better Than Before: What I Learned About Making and Breaking Habits — to Sleep More, Quit Sugar, Procrastinate Less, and Generally Build a Happier Life by Gretchen Rubin
- Getting Things Done: The Art of Stress-Free Productivity by David Allen
Map Out Goals + Paint a Clear Picture of Where You’re Headed
Getting crystal clear on what you really want in your life and business is the only way to bring those things to you. Use these books to help paint a clear picture of where 2018 will take you.
- The Desire Map: A Guide To Creating Goals With Soul by Danielle LaPorte
- The Gifts of Imperfection: Let Go of Who You Think You're Supposed to Be and Embrace Who You Are by Brené Brown
- Adventures for Your Soul: 21 Ways to Transform Your Habits and Reach Your Full Potential by Shannon Kaiser
Get in Touch With With Your Inner Spiritpreneur
Did you start your business to make a positive impact on others’ lives — and your own? Do you define success by factors like expressing yourself creatively, controlling your own schedule, working with people who fire you up and making your little piece of the world a better place? Then you’re part of the growing movement of “spiritpreneurs.” These books teach you how to let your inner guide (aka your “gut”) do the heavy lifting, and they provide other tools to guide you on your path.
- You Are a Circle, You Are a Message and You Are a Dream by Guillaume Wolf.
- The Soul Searcher's Handbook by Emma Mildon.
- The Intuitive Way: The Definitive Guide to Increasing Your Awareness by Penney Peirce
Welcome Wealth + Manifest Money
You started your business to make money, right? There is no shame in that! Money can help you do good in the world (like taking better care of your staff) and create a life that aligns with who you really (like building an office in your backyard so you can hang out with your dogs all day — which is what I did!). If you have hang-ups with money in your business, try these gems.
- You Are a Badass at Making Money by Jen Sincero
- Creating Money: Attracting Abundance by Sanaya Roman and Duane Packer
- The Law Of Divine Compensation: On Work, Money, and Miracles by Marianne Williamson
Be Good to Yourself
This should be a no-brainer, but it’s a hard lesson to learn. What good are you to your clients and your team if you’re not taking care of yourself? To show up powerfully in this world, you must take care of yourself first. Then you will be in the position to help others.
- Wellth: How I Learned to Build a Life, Not a Résumé by Jason Wachob
- You Are a Badass: How to Stop Doubting Your Greatness and Start Living an Awesome Life by Jen Sincero
- Radical Self-Love: A Guide to Loving Yourself and Living Your Dreams by Gala Darling
Ladies Who Mean Business
We have all noticed a shift in female energy this year! It’s inspiring and empowering. Here are a few books to continue to fuel that fire.
- Rise Sister Rise by Rebecca Campbell
- Material Girl, Mystic World by Ruby Warrington
- The Universe Has Your Back: Transform Fear to Faith by Gabrielle Bernstein
So what were your top books from 2017? I want to add them to my reading list. And if you're digging these picks and think DesignGood might be a great collaborator for you, just give us a shout. Happy reading!